Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One Word at a Time: Trust (Poem)

This week's blog carnival, One Word at a Time, features posts on trust. Below is my contribution. 

What Can Be Said of Trust

What can be said of trust is this:

You will be loved before you are born.

Your teachers will help you
to see what cannot be written.

Your friends will hear more
than just words when you marry.

Your husband will mean
what he pledges in sickness and in health.

Your son or daughter will remember
 to say hello before bidding goodbye.

Your doctor will be honest
when your chances are more or less than good.

Your death will be no more
painful than your birth.

The wine will be the blood.

The wafer, the body.

These words will come true.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Maureen... this is very powerful!

Thanks for posting it.

Glynn said...

Well done, Maureen. Hope you feel better.

Russell Holloway said...

To see what cannot be written... Nice.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Your teachers will help you to see what cannot be written.

As my children's home school teacher, this inspires me. Thank you.

Helen said...

I love the last few lines...

Janet Oberholtzer said...

Excellent!

Your death will be no more painful than your birth ...Agree! Obviously I haven't died, but almost did - and my memory of it is pure, sweet light. I felt no pain for a time (it came later!) though my entire lower body was wounded from injuries received in an accident.

Rebecca said...

I could draw on almost every line...amazing thoughts. Thank you.

Lelia Chealey said...

That is beautiful!