Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thought for the Day

To ask for a map is to say, tell me
a story, and to ask for a story is 
to say, take me somewhere.
~ Peter Turchi, Maps of the Imagination

______________________________

Peter Turchi Website (Turchi is a novelist, widely published short story writer, and nonfiction writer. He teaches at Arizona State University. There are many wonderful stories, articles, interviews to explore on Turchi's site, in addition to his own books. Of particular note is the valuable section of resources for writers.)

5 comments:

Dave King said...

An absolutely brilliant blog. Loved it.

Anonymous said...

that man is really into making lists!
shall we go and visit him in arizona...before the heat gets turned up to fry?

we can ask him for a map.
or trade our map for his.

S. Etole said...

Oh how I am needing a map right now!!!

Violet N. said...

Hi Maureen,

I found you and your site through the High Calling network. You do have an interesting and varied blog!

I also bought your book. Lovely! (Though I bought it on Kindle - and don't think I'll buy another poetry book in that format...) You may be interested to know that your friend's YouTube trailer sold me - love that Neruda title poem and her reading of it.

I wrote a short response to your book on my writerly blog. It's here.

Maureen said...

Violet,

My heart-felt thanks. I left a comment on your blog.