Sunday, June 12, 2011

Love One Cleared Path (Poem)

Love One Cleared Path

Surprise waits
out time giving way
to wonder
how your words
move into my heart, fixing
broken half to half

so broken
a vow made will be
forgotten.
More than once
what empties fills anew, makes
love one cleared path to.

© 2011 Maureen E. Doallas
____________________________

I'm participating in the #Trust30 challenge, an online writing/reflection initiative for which a prompt is posted daily. All of the prompts to date are here.

Today's poem, written as two Shadorma (each stanza comprising six lines following 3-5-3-3-7-5 syllabic pattern), is my response to the 13th prompt from entrepreneur, writer, and digital strategist Ashley Ambirge:

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Think of a time when you didn't think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself. How will you surprise yourself this week?

* * *

My earlier responses to prompts, all in the form of poems, are:

Forward, No Turn Back

Ways In and Out

Getting the Rhythm

What You Imagine

Let Me Tell You

Unreal

Words to Live By

Birthplace

Answer in Time

Giving Meaning to Others

Zigzag

Fifteen Minutes to Count Down

3 comments:

Jenne' R. Andrews said...

Hi Maureen-- this is delicate, moving-- I really like the "one clear path to"-- You often say in fewer words, what it takes me many stanzas, or so I think, to get across. Beautiful. xj

S. Etole said...

I've missed a couple of days ... much to ponder!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Trust 30 information, I like it very much and added it to my fun things that I do sidebar.