Thursday, September 1, 2011

Night Stalking: Image + Text Collaboration

The superb jazz photographer Juan Carlos Hernandez and I collaborated on a text-and-image piece that Juan Carlos first posted on his site in July. For those of my readers who missed that post, here is my poem "Night Stalking" and the source of its inspiration, Juan Carlos's image Blackbird.


Juan Carlos Hernandez, Blackbird, 2009
© Juan Carlos Hernandez


Night Stalking

Red-winged blackbirds
unperched from cattails'

stalks bleed silhouettes
into the nimbus, the sky

parched into night
threaded into dream's

space, emptying
and filling.

© 2011 Maureen E. Doalla
_________________________________

Thank you, again, Juan Carlos.

Juan Carlos Hernandez on FaceBookTwitter, and Google+

Stage Jazz Photography by Juan Carlos Hernandez

6 comments:

Ruth said...

An energetic collaboration, Maureen. Wonderful, the boundless interplay between empty and full, between animal and cloud (and human and animal, and cloud).

Louise Gallagher said...

I am looking forward to more of these collaborations Maureen -- you inspire me.

Unknown said...

Honour is mine Maureen. I hope you will be inspired again by one of my photographs ;-)

Anonymous said...

i see them
scattering the stillness

Joyce Wycoff said...

What perfection of image and words.

S. Etole said...

always on watch ...