Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Poem for Thanksgiving at Escape Into Life

I'm honored to be among the poets asked to contribute to a special Thanksgiving feature, "Poems of Thanks and Praise", at Escape Into Life. Accompanying the poems are the beautiful artworks of Christy Lee Rogers. A special thanks to Kathleen Kirk for the wonderful presentation.

You'll find my poem "We're Used to Giving" published here for the first time at EIL. It's a privilege for me to share space with the three other esteemed contributors: poets Susan Rich, Richard Jones, and Robert Lee Brewer.

* * *

I'm also pleased to announce that a new poem of mine, "Illustrating Cell Division", has been accepted for Water's Edge, forthcoming in early 2012 from Open to Interpretation, which sponsors juried book competitions of photography, poetry, and prose. A new competition, "Intimate Landscape", is open now for submissions.

In addition, earlier this year artist Annell Livingston asked to include my poem "EarthBound" in her in-progress artist's book, Dress Maid. I am delighted to participate in her project. Be sure to take a moment to browse Annell's site; her artwork is wonderful!

I am grateful for these affirmations of my writing, to my new and loyal readers, and to friends and family who enrich my life.

May the bounty of Thanksgiving be yours to share! 

2 comments:

S. Etole said...

So blessed to know you are being honored and blessed in this way. What a gift you have and are.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

goodness flows
extending
beyond
boundaries