Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thought for the Day

. . . real revolution takes place not through mass movements
 but through the inward revaluation of relationship; that alone
 is real reformation, a radical, continuous revolution. We are 
afraid to begin on a small scale. Because the problem is so 
 vast, we think we must meet it with large numbers of people, 
with a great organization, with mass movements. Surely, we must
begin to tackle the problem on a small scale, and the small scale is
 the "me" and the "you". When I understand myself, I understand you, 
and out of that understanding comes love. Love is the missing factor; 
there is a lack of affection, or warmth in relationship; and because
 we lack that love, that tenderness, that generosity, that mercy
 in relationship, we escape into mass action which produces
 further confusion,  further misery. We fill our hearts with
 blueprints for world reform and do not look to that
one resolving factor which is love.
~ J. Krishnamurti, The Book of Life*
______________________________

* Daily Quote Archive, J. Krishnamurti Online

3 comments:

Glynn said...

I was just reading the introduction to "The social Animal" by David Brooks, and he is saying very much the same thing.

S. Etole said...

"Let it begin with me ..."

Louise Gallagher said...

Yes. Let it begin with me. Let me be the change I want to see in the world. and let it start from within me.