Thursday, August 23, 2012

Painter Reinoud van Vught

I look at what the paint and the canvas have to tell me;
that's where I find my direction. . . .

. . . I try to touch the essence of nature. Perhaps something
lying behind nature. Because I try to discover what it is
that makes everything so special. . . .
~ Painter Reinoud van Vught

In the ARTtube video you'll find here, the award-winning painter Reinoud van Vught talks about his creative process and looking at, thinking about, and understanding art. Be sure to visit his online gallery for images of his paintings and photographs.

Earlier this summer, van Vught was part of the group show "Short Stay — 6 Painters and a Poet" at Galerie Zand in The Netherlands. Images

Reinoud van Vught Profiles at ArtSlant, Museum De Pont, Rabo Art Collection, and Saatchi Online

Images of van Vught's Work at De Pont Museum of Contemporary Art, The Netherlands

1 comment:

Louise Gallagher said...

I love the depth of his painting -- the way he looks for the deeper.

in a word..... restful