Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sweet Talk (Poem)

Sweet Talk

My Sweetheart's always dropping
hints: Be Mine, he says. Tweet Me

right, I tease. We Laugh and Smile
and pledge Love on our Best Day.

But the next day, he finds a different
Angel and I'm For Ever blue, refuse

to Say Yes when he comes calling,
begging Kiss Me again. True Love

runs its course, flavored in lemon,
apple, and orange. I pick out grape,

intending to give him my very best
raspberry when he doles out more

Sweet Talk. Don't be a DivaBFFs
caution. The world still turns on

to chocolate hearts. He's a Cutie Pie,
I confess, so I can't wait till after that

First Kiss melts me away, sugar-free.
It's Crazy but we'll make up. Hug Me

close, I'll whisper Te Amo en Espanol,
and pray those Tarts he fell for find

their our dear Soul Mate, or come
down with some Love Bug that'll do

them in. I want to Be Happy. Don't
Text Me, baby. Just Be My Valentine.

If Ur Hot, you'll leave me Breath Less.
What do you say? Can we put our

Recipe 4 Love to the test, Spice It Up,
before we Chill Out and Take a Walk?

© 2014 Maureen E. Doallas
_________________________________

This poem is inspired by the sayings on the Sweethearts® conversation hearts. I use them like magnetic poetry tiles, picking and choosing them at random till I get a poem going.

To read another confection, see my "Sweethearts".

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

Who knew there was such fun poetry in a box?!

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Fun, sweet and so creative!

Anonymous said...

tasty words
and fun